J. RTD. NASIRA JAVED IQBAL
- 1994 Diploma in Intellectual Property Laws, Punjab University (1st position)
1986 Master of Laws Cum Laude (Honors). Harvard Law School, USA.
1983 Master of Laws, PU (Distinction) 1977 Bachelor of Laws, PU (Distinction)
1960 Bachelor of Arts, Kinnaird College, (1st Position in University)
- Judge Lahore High Court, till 20/11/2002.
- Advocate District Courts, High Court & Supreme Court of Pakistan 1978- 1994.
- Pakistan Delegate to Human Rights Commission, Geneva. 1995.
- President Lahore High Court Bar Association 2009-10.
Member of IUCN Commission for Environmental Law.
- Adjunct Professor, Quaid-e-Azam Law College, Lahore, Adjunct Professor, School of Law.
- Member Executive Committee Public Interest Law Association of Pakistan (PILAP) Honorary
- Legal Advisor, International Women’s Club, Lahore and APWA, Punjab
- Member Pakistan Women Lawyers’ Association and Law & Justice Commission of Pakistan,
- Member Commission of Enquiry on Enforced Disappearances (2010).
- Senior Partner Iqbal Law Associates, Legal and Management Consultants.
- Member Technical Evaluation Committee, Law and Justice Commission of Pakistan.
- Trustee Ferozsons Trust, Fatima Memorial System, Shadman, Lahore
- Member Board Of Trustees, Bhandara Foundation.
- President Punjab Mental Health Association. Fountain House, Lahore
- Member Interfaith Dialogue Austria, and Global Women’s Peace Initiative
- Member Hamdard Majlis-e-Shoora & Punjab SOS Children’s Villages.
- Member Concerned Citizens of Pakistan (CCP) (Objects: Rule of Law/Public Welfare)
- Member Syndicate, Punjab University Lahore
- Trustee and Vice Chair, Transparency International Pakistan
- Member Board Of Governors Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore
- Member Family Planning Association of Pakistan
- Member Board of Ajoka Theater
- Member Board of Trustees, Qarshi Foundation
- Member Board of Governors Lahore Garrison University Lahore
- Founder Chairperson Gulistan-e-Saida Society (Women & Children health, education, welfare)
- Fatima Jinnah Medal for Women’s Rights 2006
- Woman of the Year Star Award 2007, Islamabad;
- Wonder Woman Award 2011, Karachi; Sukh Chen Women’s Day Award, 2012, Lahore
- Sitara-e-Imtiaz March 2021.
- Rule of Law, Human Rights, Education, Legal Aid, Women’s & Children’s Right, Health Care, Constitutional, Corporate, Intellectual Property, Environmental & Family Law
- Urdu, English, French
Lecture Tour, Conferences, Seminars:
- Lectured on Women’s Rights and Development in Pakistan, Canada, USA, India, China, Kuwait, Dubai, Australia, Cairo, Bosnia, Romania, International Christian-Islamic Round Table, Vienna, Amman, Iran, and Global Peace Initiative Geneva 2002. Norway & Cochin 2003. National Defence College, Islamabad. Lectures on Women’s Empowerment, Jurists Conferences Islamabad 2006 -13; American Bar Association USA 2008-9.
- World Justice Forum Vienna 2008-9; South Asian Women Parliamentarians, Houses of Parliament. London 2014. Role of Women Judges Teheran 2012; Member Interfaith Dialogue Vienna 2010, Professor University of Vienna, National School of Public Policy, NMC 2009-17. Punjab Judicial Academy 2009-15, NUST Islamabad 2022, Federal Judicial Academy 2022.
Formulation & Review of Legislation:
- Framed Rules of Business(Bye-laws) for Musalihat Anjuman for GJTMAP, 2006. Consulted on Women’s Protection Act 2007, Muslim Family Law Reforms; Legal Framework for Women’s Rights to Land, 2008, Prevention of Harassment at Workplace, 2009. Domestic Violence 2008/9 for MoWD. Reviewed Women MPAs’ performance in Punjab Assembly (2002-09). Prepared Amendments in Pakistani Family Laws for NCSW 2010, Modified DV Bill for Punjab Assembly. Reviewed Bill against Honour killings 2012. Anti Torture Bill 2013
- Established Saida Waheed Gender Initiative LUMS 2015, Conducted comprehensive Leadership Training Program ‘I am Pakistan’ 2016 for various College Students, Constructed Dr. Javid Iqbal Auditorium Lahore High Court 2017, Renovated and equipped Noor Medicare Hospital Gajju Matta 2018, Made ward in Fountain House Hospital Farooqabad 2019, Constructed one floor of Musafir Khana at Mayo Hospital 2018-19. Care Foundation 2 Million, Fatima Memorial Hospital 1.5 Million, Akhuwat 1.5 Million, Miscellaneous 5 Million in 2020. Donated 4 Ventilators for Covid-19 Patients (2 Shaikh Zayed Hospital, Lhr & 2 Mayo Hospital, Lhr) 2021).