Lahore School of Law
Admissions are open for 5-year LLB (Hons.) programme (2020-21)
Lahore School of Law is inviting applications for admission to 5-year LLB (Hons) programme. The school is affiliated with University of the Punjab.
At Lahore School of Law (LSL), we are devising a system of holistic legal education based on experience of the world’s finest law schools with the aim to serve the needs of Pakistani society. Equipped with modern tools of imparting legal education and training and with the help of highly qualified and committed faculty, we aim to educate and train professionals who can passionately utilize legal acumen in the service of their communities.
We expect students who would like to join the school to work hard to set the bar higher than before. Settling for enough will not be an option.
- Highly qualified and committed faculty which includes graduates from world-renowned law schools, experienced lawyers, and retired judges of superior courts of Pakistan
- State-of-the-art library and information technology facilities powered by leading databases including LexisNexis & Westlaw
- Provision of clinical legal education and co-curricular activities
- Purpose-built campus with ample space
Diversity and equality of opportunity are the main pillars of our policy. Women and other disadvantaged groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Lahore School of Law intends to facilitate brilliant and passionate students by providing scholarship up to 80% waiver of tuition fee based on Merit & Need basis. For more details kindly visit Scholarships page.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS IN STUDIES BECAUSE WE TAKE IT VERY SERIOUSLY!
Criteria for admissions
- Applicants must have passed Intermediate/ A levels or equivalent and Law Admission Test (LAT) with a minimum of 50% score. Candidates waiting for results may also apply.
- Max. age 24 (No max age limit for disabled/special persons)
- In addition, candidates will have to submit a personal statement and appear in interview before admissions committee.
- We have limited number of seats. Applications will be considered on first come, first served basis.
Stories of Ourselves, Cambridge University Press, Precise writing, Tenses-Vocabulary, conditional sentences, causative verbs, change of voice, Direct and indirect narration, Dialogue writing and Correction of errors
Islamic Studies/Ethics (60 Marks)
Selective Quranic Verses, Hadith of Holy Prophet (PBUH), Quranic Arabic Grammar,
Life of Prophet (PBUH) Islamic culture and western cultural, Western cultural and Islam
Introduction to political Science, subject/matter of political science, Concept and essentials ingredients of states, Concepts of Sovereignty, Law, Liberty and kinds of rights. Characteristics and functions of Government, Executive, Legislative and Judiciary
What is Sociology, relationship between sociology and other social sciences, Structuralism, Social Action and Feminism, what is culture? Socialization and crimes, social structure and different theories of interaction, Types of groups, Organizations and Social Institutions, Social change and Social stratification
Introduction to Philosophy of Law
History and role of law in society, what is law defined by different jurists, classification of law, sources of law, different theories of law, legal rights and duties, rule of law
Brief Introduction to Arabic Language (40 Marks)