Visiting Faculty Members
Mr. Mehr Muhammad Iqbal
- Special Training of “SUPPORT FOR STRENGTHING THE ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING REGIME IN PAKISTAN” 1-4 February, 2010
- LLB (2003) Pakistan College of Law, Lahore
- BA (1999) University of Punjab, Lahore
- Intermediate (1996) Government Degree College, Depalpur
- Matriculation (1993) Government High school, Depalpur
ENROLLMENTS AS LAWYER
- Enrollment as an Advocate 19.06.2004
- Enrollment as an Advocate High Court 06.07.2006
- Enrollment as an Advocate Supreme Court 06-05-2021
- Worked as an associate with Meer & Hassan for one year in research work, drafting and representing clients before lower Courts.
- Worked as an Associate with Syed Ijaz Qutab & Associates for more than four years in Civil, Criminal, Constitutional, Labour & Service matters in lower and Appellate Courts up to the level of High Court.
- 02.02.2009 to 30-06-20009 worked as Deputy Manager (Legal) and then from 01-07-2009 to 30-06-2014 Head Legal of Lahore Stock Exchange Limited.
- Since 01-07-2014 working as Partner with Allied Legal Services, Advocates and Legal Consultants.
Areas of Practice
Experience in all types of civil, constitutional, corporate, banking, commercial, administrative, labour, employment and capital-market litigation. Has been representing clients before all Courts and tribunals, including Supreme Court of Pakistan, High Courts (in constitution, original and appellate jurisdiction), the District & Sessions Courts, Civil Courts and Banking Courts.
Extensive experience of the arbitration law and practice in Pakistan having worked on a large number of arbitrations and accustomed to managing full range of arbitration, services, including pre-arbitration planning & review, selection of arbitrators, conduct of arbitration, filing of awards and objections in Courts of law and procuring Rule of Court.
Banking & Finance
Render services to commercial and investment banks, NBFCs and mutual funds, including review and drafting of credit & security agreements, syndicated & consortium financing documents, investment agreements, guarantees, undertakings and debt instruments, legal audit, due diligence on immovable properties, mortgages and pre-mortgage matters.
Thorough understanding and extensive experience in the area of capital markets. Has advised the Lahore Stock Exchange (Now Pakistan Stock Exchange) and the Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan on developing the regulatory framework of capital markets and working of stock exchanges.
Has represented sponsors and/or lenders in energy and power projects and have significant experience in negotiating, drafting and reviewing energy-related agreements including implementation agreements, power purchase agreements, fuel supply agreements, engineering procurement and construction contracts, equipment supply contracts, loan & security documentation and shareholders agreements. Also deals at all regulatory and administrative levels concerning private power/energy companies, including Alternative Energy Development Board, National Electric Power Regulatory Authority, Private Power and Infrastructure Board, National Transmission and Dispatch Company Limited, fuel suppliers and all other relevant agencies.
- CR No. 73/14
JS Global Vs. Rahila Yahya-Approved for Reporting by Mr. J. Gul Hasan Aurangzaib, IHC, Islamabad
- 2021 CLD 2014
LPG Association Vs. Federation of Pakistan Etc.
- PLD 2020 Lahore 739.
Muhammad Iqbal alias Bali Vs. POP Etc.
- 2019 CLD 626
Lahore Stock Exchange Limited Vs. Director (ICW) SECP Etc.
- PLD 2019 Lahore 664
Sh. Asim Farooq Vs. Federation of Pakistan Etc.
- 2017 YLRN 354
Razia Khanum Vs. Ghulam Nabi Bhatti Etc.-SAO No. 141/10
- 2017 YLR 257
Mst. Naseema Bibi Vs. ASD Etc.-W.P. No. 6709/14
- 2016 PLC 360
TEVTA Etc. Vs. Hafiz Naseer Etc.-W.P. No. 1385/14, 1386/14, 1387/14, 1388/14 & 15903/12
- 2012 CLC 1178
Javed Sadiq Malik Vs. Muhammad Afzal Najeeb-FAO No. 431/10
- PLD 2010 Lahore 56
Muhammad Afzal Najeeb Vs. Mst. Aysha Khanum-FAO No. 312/08
- PLD 2010 Lahore 389
Majid Khan Etc. Vs. Naseem Bibi-W.P No. 10453/10