Visiting Faculty Members
KHURSHID AHMAD NADEEM
(Pride of Performance 2016)
Educational Qualification: M Phil (Islamic Studies)
M. A. (Political Science) B. Ed.
Academic & Journalistic Pursuits:
- Member, Council of Islamic Ideology (CII) (2017-2020)
- Secretary, Commission on Islamization of Education, Government of Pakistan (1999-2005)
- Consultant, Islamic Research Institute, International Islamic University, Islamabad (2011-2013)
- Editor, Fikr o Nazar, Research Journal of Islamic Research Institute (2011-2013)
- Anchor, Researcher, Ptvnews (2009-2018)
- Anchor, Researcher, Geo TV (2005-2009)
- Dean ,Faculty of Islamic and Social Sciences, Rawalpindi College of Commerce, Rawalpindi
- Guest Editor “Ijtehad”, a quarterly journal of the Council of Islamic Ideology. (2007-2009)
- Columnist daily “Dunya” 2009-
- Columnist daily “Ausaf ”( 2009-2013)
- Columnist, daily “Jang” (1999-2009)
- Chairman, Organization of Research and Education (ORE), a research oriented NGO.
- Visiting Fellow, International Center for Islam and Pluralism (ICIP), Jakarta, Indonesia (2004)
- Research Associate, International Institute of Islamic Thought, Islamabad (1995-2004).
- Speech Writer to the Prime Minister of Pakistan (1997-1999)
- Former Research Associate “Al-Mawrid”, Institute of Islamic Research and Education, Lahore.
- Editor, monthly “Tazkeer” Lahore (1990)
- Member, Editorial Board, monthly “Ishraq” Lahore (1989-1998)
- Member, Editorial Board, monthly “Renaissance” Lahore (1991-1994)
- Columnist, daily “Wafaq” Lahore (1990)
- Columnist, weekly “Zindagi” Lahore (1991-1996)
- Columnist, daily “Asas” Rawalpindi. (1994-1999)
- Wrote a number of articles on different academic and educational issues published in prestigious journals of Pakistan, India and USA (copies may be provided on request)
- Siasi Islam (Political Islam) published by, Iqbal International Institute for Research and Dialogue (IRD), International Islamic University, Islamabad
- Mutabadal Bianya, published by, Iqbal International Institute for Research and Dialogue (IRD), International Islamic University, Islamabad
- Islam Aur Pakistan (Islam and Pakistan) (An analysis of religious and secular politics of Pakistan)- Published by Al-Mawrid, Lahore. (1995), 2nd edition by Sang-e-Meel, Lahore, 2001.
- Islam Ka Tasawwur-e-Jurm-o-Saza (Islamic Concept of Crime and Punishment)- (2-vols), Published by International Institute of Islamic Thought Islamabad, (1997)
- Ilm ki Islami Tashkeel (Islamization of knowledge) published by Royal Book Company, Karachi
- “Family and Individual: The Islamic Perspective” (bilingual). Published by Organization for Research and Education (ORE), Islamabad (2004).
- “Islam and Muslim Non-Muslim Relations” (bilingual), Published by Organization for Research and Education (ORE), Islamabad (2004).
- “Islam, Civil Society and New Global Context”, ed. (bilingual) Published by Organization for Research and Education (ORE), Islamabad (2005)
- Beesveen Sadi ka Fahm e Islam (The Understanding of Islam in 20th Century), published by Al Mawrid, Lahore (2008)
- Approaching conflicts: Muslim Society’s Perspective (bilingual), published by Organization for Research and Education (ORE ) ,Islamabad (2010).
- Islam and Other Religions (bilingual) published by Organization for Research and Education (ORE ) ,Islamabad (2014).
- “Gender Justice, Tolerance and Human Rights in Islamic Framework”. (ORE’s Research Project)
- “Engaging Religious Community in Female Education” (ORE’s Research Project)
Besides, organization of seminars, several books have been produced and translated under these projects.
- Creation of Peace Dialogue Forums, (ORE’s Project)
- Just and Sustainable Peace in Pakistan, (ORE’s Project)
I have contributed hundreds of articles and research papers on socio-political and religio-political issues published in different newspapers and research journals of international repute.
Areas of INTEREST: